Welcome to Floetry Sign in | Join | Faq

The Music

Started by DivaDevine at 11-09-2006 10:34 AM. Topic has 104 replies.

Print Search
Sort Posts:    
   11-09-2006, 10:34 AM
DivaDevine is not online. Last active: 12/11/2007 9:01:17 PM DivaDevine



Top 25 Posts
Joined on 05-09-2006
32210
Posts 2,531
Re: Jay-Z, a devil worshipper?
Reply Quote

IF THE SHOE FITS WEAR IT IF NOT KICK THE BYTCH OFF....


:) kickin off shoe:)
Grace & Mercy *Resentment& Forgiveness * Love & Life
   Report 
   11-09-2006, 10:36 AM
DivaDevine is not online. Last active: 12/11/2007 9:01:17 PM DivaDevine



Top 25 Posts
Joined on 05-09-2006
32210
Posts 2,531
Re: Jay-Z, a devil worshipper?
Reply Quote

You have negative people in every genre...even gospel music...

point taken...that's exactly why we all need to open "our" eyes our "own" eyes....that's why i thank God I am led by His spirit daily.....


Grace & Mercy *Resentment& Forgiveness * Love & Life
   Report 
   11-09-2006, 10:39 AM
Onceandagain is not online. Last active: 1/15/2008 8:33:39 PM Onceandagain



Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-22-2006
Where I be...
Posts 3,710
Re: Jay-Z, a devil worshipper?
Reply Quote
 U_R_Stupid wrote:
 Onceandagain wrote:

 "I was born under water, with 3 dollars and 6 dimes

 

What does that mean?  I know 360 degrees but what is the under water thing? Water sign?  I don't know.

Then she said, "Yeah you might laugh but you didn't do your math"

I'm not sure if she's saying she's a mermaid under the sea...I'm not quite sure...let me get back to you on this one...lol...sounds like some 5 percenter stuff to me.






HE WANTED THE ROLE, SO HE SMASHED THE AUDITION...LMAO
   Report 
   11-09-2006, 10:40 AM
Onceandagain is not online. Last active: 1/15/2008 8:33:39 PM Onceandagain



Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-22-2006
Where I be...
Posts 3,710
Re: Jay-Z, a devil worshipper?
Reply Quote
 DivaDevine wrote:

You have negative people in every genre...even gospel music...

point taken...that's exactly why we all need to open "our" eyes our "own" eyes....that's why i thank God I am led by His spirit daily.....

Amen to that Divine!!!!






HE WANTED THE ROLE, SO HE SMASHED THE AUDITION...LMAO
   Report 
   11-09-2006, 10:45 AM
QueenOfTheJungle is not online. Last active: 11/15/2007 8:00:33 AM QueenOfTheJungle



Top 25 Posts
Joined on 01-05-2006
my QUEENdom
Posts 2,437
Re: Jay-Z, a devil worshipper?
Reply Quote
I know 360 degrees but what is the under water thing? Water sign?  I don't know.

Then she said, "Yeah you might laugh but you didn't do your math"

 

it has some thing to do w/ the 5 percenter thing, i dunno. i'm not really familiar. the artical that che found on g. craig lewis is pretty informative. i ahve seen the man speak and like i said, some things i agree with, some things i don't. some things are taken out of context, some things are believable. but if ur whole message isn't credible, i'm not prepared to back u. i just happen to beleive this particualr accusation about jay-z.



   Report 
   11-09-2006, 10:50 AM
U_R_Stupid is not online. Last active: 10/10/2007 10:09:58 PM U_R_Stupid

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 02-18-2006
Neverland
Posts 2,140
Re: Jay-Z, a devil worshipper?
Reply Quote

People defend Jay Z against this accusation but they forget that he was a drug dealer before this.  I wonder how many people were killed by the drugs that he furnished.  (His own people?)

I know a lot of hard working artist that didn't go that route. 


   Report 
   11-09-2006, 10:56 AM
Onceandagain is not online. Last active: 1/15/2008 8:33:39 PM Onceandagain



Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-22-2006
Where I be...
Posts 3,710
Re: Jay-Z, a devil worshipper?
Reply Quote
 U_R_Stupid wrote:

People defend Jay Z against this accusation but they forget that he was a drug dealer before this.  I wonder how many people were killed by the drugs that he furnished.  (His own people?)

I know a lot of hard working artist that didn't go that route. 

That's real U R!!!!  Point taken....






HE WANTED THE ROLE, SO HE SMASHED THE AUDITION...LMAO
   Report 
   11-09-2006, 4:52 PM
KAREAF is not online. Last active: 1/8/2008 6:41:14 AM KAREAF



Top 50 Posts
Joined on 02-17-2006
14214
Posts 1,235
Re: Jay-Z, a devil worshipper?
Reply Quote
 U_R_Stupid wrote:

People defend Jay Z against this accusation but they forget that he was a drug dealer before this.  I wonder how many people were killed by the drugs that he furnished.  (His own people?)

I know a lot of hard working artist that didn't go that route. 

uh hello thank you u_r  thats what i said on my response thats the point i was making! the man sold crack to get into the music business and i'm not a hater i've lived a similar lifestyle as well but people want to kiss his azz like he's the savior of the hood our children look up to this man, i mean what message are we sending its okay to sell drugs if you use the money to start a record company or business its okay to hustle as long as you start a charity? his victums looked like us, and for those of you saying it aint that serious it is that serious although i dont have kids i do have a 11 year old african american brother who is growing up in a society that glorifies crime, sex, and drug addition and while he's being raised in the church and in a balanced home as skye suggested its about parenting only, no its about peers that you go to school with its about the neighborhood you live in, as well its about living in the real world where everything they watch affects them.  This is a fact how do i know caused i was raised in the church in a good home private schools and still lived that reckless lifestle for a while.  parents are not able to watch them 24/7 because there working two and three jobs to support their children.  so using the oh "its the parents responsiblity only" is an excuse and a cop out to say whatever just to sell records lets keep it real its about the money its about selling a product record execs could give two craps  less about our children and how music affects the world they live in and most artist dont give a damn either its all about the paper point blank period, and that fact doesnt just apply to music but to all products that are market and sold radther they be benneficial or a henderence to society well being 


   Report 
   11-09-2006, 5:47 PM
PseudoSprtual is not online. Last active: 11/24/2007 1:12:46 AM PseudoSprtual



Top 150 Posts
Joined on 11-22-2005
56510
Posts 190
Re: Jay-Z, a devil worshipper?
Reply Quote
lol@ you catching that

My brother sold drugs (doesn't now, has a fam) but he didn't worship the devil.  People just do messed up stuff sometimes, be it selling drugs, lying, stealing, etc.  There was a discussion on here before about that stuff, I didn't think when people were confessing certain things "They must worship the devil *temple scratch*"

And what's this about following Jay Z?  Most people I know live a life, that is for kids any adult who is being lead by a stranger is a moron.  I don't "follow" Minister Farrakhan, M.E. Dyson, Al Sharpton, so I'm not even considering a rapper.  No one I know goes "hmm What would Chingy do?" It eally takes a blank sheet type of individual to even be into or attracted to this kind of thinking.  Not wanting to think for yourself or analytically is not something to be admired.  Seems kind of juvenile, like you can be told anything.  Not anyone in particular, I just mean that mindset.  Sometimes it plays out a lil more sophicated like this, and sometimes less classily as a 40 year old in daisy dukes and barrettes in her hair.

Jonathan Kramer
   Report 
   11-09-2006, 6:13 PM
U_R_Stupid is not online. Last active: 10/10/2007 10:09:58 PM U_R_Stupid

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 02-18-2006
Neverland
Posts 2,140
Re: Jay-Z, a devil worshipper?
Reply Quote
 KAREAF wrote:
 U_R_Stupid wrote:

People defend Jay Z against this accusation but they forget that he was a drug dealer before this.  I wonder how many people were killed by the drugs that he furnished.  (His own people?)

I know a lot of hard working artist that didn't go that route. 

uh hello thank you u_r  thats what i said on my response thats the point i was making! the man sold crack to get into the music business and i'm not a hater i've lived a similar lifestyle as well but people want to kiss his azz like he's the savior of the hood our children look up to this man, i mean what message are we sending its okay to sell drugs if you use the money to start a record company or business its okay to hustle as long as you start a charity? his victums looked like us, and for those of you saying it aint that serious it is that serious although i dont have kids i do have a 11 year old african american brother who is growing up in a society that glorifies crime, sex, and drug addition and while he's being raised in the church and in a balanced home as skye suggested its about parenting only, no its about peers that you go to school with its about the neighborhood you live in, as well its about living in the real world where everything they watch affects them.  This is a fact how do i know caused i was raised in the church in a good home private schools and still lived that reckless lifestle for a while.  parents are not able to watch them 24/7 because there working two and three jobs to support their children.  so using the oh "its the parents responsiblity only" is an excuse and a cop out to say whatever just to sell records lets keep it real its about the money its about selling a product record execs could give two craps  less about our children and how music affects the world they live in and most artist dont give a damn either its all about the paper point blank period, and that fact doesnt just apply to music but to all products that are market and sold radther they be benneficial or a henderence to society well being 



I know girl, I was reitterating your point.  And he still glorifies selling drugs.  "I sold kilos of coke, I guess I can sell CD's'  I guess you can.  And if you want to be successful like Jay Z, you should start with coke!

   Report 
   11-09-2006, 6:18 PM
tru value is not online. Last active: 12/28/2007 5:48:48 AM tru value



Top 10 Posts
Joined on 05-15-2006
THE YAH
Posts 4,155
Re: Jay-Z, a devil worshipper?
Reply Quote
 Onceandagain wrote:
 U_R_Stupid wrote:
 Onceandagain wrote:

 "I was born under water, with 3 dollars and 6 dimes

 

What does that mean?  I know 360 degrees but what is the under water thing? Water sign?  I don't know.

Then she said, "Yeah you might laugh but you didn't do your math"

I'm not sure if she's saying she's a mermaid under the sea...I'm not quite sure...let me get back to you on this one...lol...sounds like some 5 percenter stuff to me.

she was in the womb submerged in water..like all of us...It's a metaphor, but you know that! it's creative...it's her poetry..
   Report 
   11-10-2006, 4:23 AM
DivaDevine is not online. Last active: 12/11/2007 9:01:17 PM DivaDevine



Top 25 Posts
Joined on 05-09-2006
32210
Posts 2,531
Re: Jay-Z, a devil worshipper?
Reply Quote

i do have a 11 year old african american brother who is growing up in a society that glorifies crime, sex, and drug addition and while he's being raised in the church and in a balanced home as skye suggested its about parenting only, no its about peers that you go to school with its about the neighborhood you live in, as well its about living in the real world where everything they watch affects them. 

 You make an excellent point!!! like i said i have kids and i monitor lyrics and video content...and luckily my lil ladies are not hypnotized by all the media hype!!! so it is the parents responsibility mostly, and that is because like you said the record company does not care...they should...but they dont and that's where effective parenting comes into play....I am not on the JayZ issue anymore because it's not just him and at some point all of us have comprimised with the devil...for something... you may  not have had a direct conversation with him but your actions proved otherwise!!! and if you say you haven't you are lying to yourself!!! (my opinion)...all love!


Grace & Mercy *Resentment& Forgiveness * Love & Life
   Report 
   11-10-2006, 7:48 AM
QueenOfTheJungle is not online. Last active: 11/15/2007 8:00:33 AM QueenOfTheJungle



Top 25 Posts
Joined on 01-05-2006
my QUEENdom
Posts 2,437
Re: Jay-Z, a devil worshipper?
Reply Quote

 PseudoSprtual wrote:
lol@ you catching that

My brother sold drugs (doesn't now, has a fam) but he didn't worship the devil.  People just do messed up stuff sometimes, be it selling drugs, lying, stealing, etc.  There was a discussion on here before about that stuff, I didn't think when people were confessing certain things "They must worship the devil *temple scratch*"

And what's this about following Jay Z?  Most people I know live a life, that is for kids any adult who is being lead by a stranger is a moron.  I don't "follow" Minister Farrakhan, M.E. Dyson, Al Sharpton, so I'm not even considering a rapper.  No one I know goes "hmm What would Chingy do?" It eally takes a blank sheet type of individual to even be into or attracted to this kind of thinking.  Not wanting to think for yourself or analytically is not something to be admired.  Seems kind of juvenile, like you can be told anything.  Not anyone in particular, I just mean that mindset.  Sometimes it plays out a lil more sophicated like this, and sometimes less classily as a 40 year old in daisy dukes and barrettes in her hair.

i think the fact of this matter remains that by him being in the lime light, he is a role model. is he necessarily the type of leader we want our future 2 have. ppl like us know better. we're adult, consious enuff 2 make our own decisions. but a ten year  old sees all that glory and attention and thinks: wow, i wanna be just like him. and if Jay Z doesn't have the right "leader", where does that leave our children?



   Report 
   11-10-2006, 4:01 PM
U_R_Stupid is not online. Last active: 10/10/2007 10:09:58 PM U_R_Stupid

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 02-18-2006
Neverland
Posts 2,140
Re: Jay-Z, a devil worshipper?
Reply Quote
 tru value wrote:
 Onceandagain wrote:
 U_R_Stupid wrote:
 Onceandagain wrote:

 "I was born under water, with 3 dollars and 6 dimes

 

What does that mean?  I know 360 degrees but what is the under water thing? Water sign?  I don't know.

Then she said, "Yeah you might laugh but you didn't do your math"

I'm not sure if she's saying she's a mermaid under the sea...I'm not quite sure...let me get back to you on this one...lol...sounds like some 5 percenter stuff to me.

she was in the womb submerged in water..like all of us...It's a metaphor, but you know that! it's creative...it's her poetry..

I think she was referring to her zodiac sign, the water sign of Pisces!

Because she said "Born" that's past tense.


   Report 
   11-10-2006, 4:04 PM
tru value is not online. Last active: 12/28/2007 5:48:48 AM tru value



Top 10 Posts
Joined on 05-15-2006
THE YAH
Posts 4,155
Re: Jay-Z, a devil worshipper?
Reply Quote
 U_R_Stupid wrote:
 tru value wrote:
 Onceandagain wrote:
 U_R_Stupid wrote:
 Onceandagain wrote:

 "I was born under water, with 3 dollars and 6 dimes

 

What does that mean?  I know 360 degrees but what is the under water thing? Water sign?  I don't know.

Then she said, "Yeah you might laugh but you didn't do your math"

I'm not sure if she's saying she's a mermaid under the sea...I'm not quite sure...let me get back to you on this one...lol...sounds like some 5 percenter stuff to me.

she was in the womb submerged in water..like all of us...It's a metaphor, but you know that! it's creative...it's her poetry..

I think she was referring to her zodiac sign, the water sign of Pisces!

Because she said "Born" that's past tense.

check her Live album sweetheart!
   Report 
  Page 7 of 7 (105 items) « First ... < 3 4 5 6 7
Floetry » All Things Floe... » The Music » Jay-Z, a devil worshipper?

Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy