Welcome to Floetry Sign in | Join | Faq

The Music

Started by Che at 11-15-2007 7:07 AM. Topic has 75 replies.

Print Search
Sort Posts:    
   11-15-2007, 7:07 AM
Che is online. Last active: 11/21/2007 1:59:45 AM Che

Top 75 Posts
Joined on 01-09-2006
NYC
Posts 412
Re: Marsha's Mixed Tape! Not!
Reply Quote

 Onceandagain wrote:
Now when Nas said Hip Hop is Dead, He wasn't saying F*ck Hip Hop and I'm moving onto something else...He put the cd out stepping back to the real days of hip hop where songs told stories, and it wasn't about hoes and Bentleys...Soooo I don't really know what the definition of Neo-Soul is dead means.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Thank U Once... my girl ;-)

you can't compare Nas 2 Marsha on this one..

 

 

 


"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed..." - Carl Jung
   Report 
   11-15-2007, 7:14 AM
kokocreole is not online. Last active: 11/20/2007 6:00:15 AM kokocreole

Top 150 Posts
Joined on 04-11-2007
Yes It's Me
Posts 165
Re: Marsha's Mixed Tape! Not!
Reply Quote
Yea but it's one thing for Nas to say hip hop is dead all because he feels as if there is toy hip hop out here now a days other than the ole school hip hop that he has known.Hip hop used to say something ,like tells life stories ect.Ok so I know what Nas was saying when he said hip hop is dead but what the hell is Marsha saying besides nothing! If Marsha said Neo-Soul is dead then she should have broken out with some ole Roberta Flack or Aretha Franklin on our azzes! To show us that she was bringing the ole Soul back but that is not what she did! She just went crazy on some ole lets roll a blunt,bust caps in azzes,and by the way Nat you was just some chick on the sidelines gain some weight bytch type shyt! In one of the songs in the background she laughed at Floetry her own group,now how sick is that? In all that we do in life,we must be true to ourselves as Floetry used to say but I guess when you think of it,it was Natalie who always said be true which leads me to believe that Marsha was fake all along and doing shyt for money just to get where she wanted to go but by the looks of it,she aint going far at all.Marsha is pretending to be some gangsta when there are for real gangsta bytches out here that will run her azz right back to Liverpool! You have to be careful what you say in songs because niggas take that shyt seriously and just like Biggie,Pac,50 cent and the rest of them,lil Kim,Foxy Brown,Khia,Trina ect.Those folks all either got shot at ,stabbed,shot and /or locked up in jail.Yet they are real thugs and gangstas.Marsha is not a gangsta but now she will get tried by the real thugs all because of running her mouth in those songs.A stupid move! ~KOKO~
CatWoman

Stroke My PussyCat!!!MEOW...

   Report 
   11-15-2007, 7:16 AM
Onceandagain is not online. Last active: 11/16/2007 8:04:24 PM Onceandagain



Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-22-2006
Where I be...
Posts 3,658
Re: Marsha's Mixed Tape! Not!
Reply Quote
Exactly Koko...you can't say Neo-Soul is Dead and then start rapping...*confused look*




HE WANTED THE ROLE, SO HE SMASHED THE AUDITION...LMAO
   Report 
   11-15-2007, 7:17 AM
Onceandagain is not online. Last active: 11/16/2007 8:04:24 PM Onceandagain



Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-22-2006
Where I be...
Posts 3,658
Re: Marsha's Mixed Tape! Not!
Reply Quote
 Che wrote:

 Onceandagain wrote:
Now when Nas said Hip Hop is Dead, He wasn't saying F*ck Hip Hop and I'm moving onto something else...He put the cd out stepping back to the real days of hip hop where songs told stories, and it wasn't about hoes and Bentleys...Soooo I don't really know what the definition of Neo-Soul is dead means.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Thank U Once... my girl ;-)

you can't compare Nas 2 Marsha on this one..

Word Che, cuz Nas is Nas...point blank and final....^5ing you...lol






HE WANTED THE ROLE, SO HE SMASHED THE AUDITION...LMAO
   Report 
   11-15-2007, 7:20 AM
MsDiva2u is not online. Last active: 11/19/2007 4:25:11 PM MsDiva2u

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 04-06-2006
dunno
Posts 2,391
Re: Marsha's Mixed Tape! Not!
Reply Quote

LOL @ Nola now understanding where Marsha is coming from.... LOL...

...LOL @ run her azz back to liverpool... _______________________

whoo yall r too funny for me....  *mental image of lil kim, foxy n dem running Marsha back to UK...* ... im soo weak lemme go to work!

Nat thas ya people.


"gotta go through the fire to come out pure gold"

   Report 
   11-15-2007, 7:23 AM
kokocreole is not online. Last active: 11/20/2007 6:00:15 AM kokocreole

Top 150 Posts
Joined on 04-11-2007
Yes It's Me
Posts 165
Re: Marsha's Mixed Tape! Not!
Reply Quote
Once,Marsha was not rappin she was yappin! She was not even saying things that makes sense,all you can hear is a bunch of hype.Now the real female rappers are going to tear her a new azzhole in this game.She made a bad move all because she allowed herself to get caught up in the hype of gangsta rappers on Dre's Label. All of those thugs on Dre's label been shot,done shot somebody and went to jail.I bet if someone walks up behind Marsha and yells boo! Her azz will break camp! LMAO ~KOKO~
CatWoman

Stroke My PussyCat!!!MEOW...

   Report 
   11-15-2007, 7:30 AM
Onceandagain is not online. Last active: 11/16/2007 8:04:24 PM Onceandagain



Top 10 Posts
Joined on 09-22-2006
Where I be...
Posts 3,658
Re: Marsha's Mixed Tape! Not!
Reply Quote

Koko...you running...LMAO...LMAO

But seriously, if you're saying Neo Soul is Dead, and you're not putting out a fiyah Neo Soul album, then you're basically saying that the Neo Soul side of your persona is dead...now with that being said, I don't need to ask Marsha any questions about what she means or anything like that...cuz she's a grown azzz woman...if she wanna rap/yap/sing about frogs in a 2 ton bucket, that's her business...cuz trust I have control over the music I purchase...

When I saw her in concert with J*Davey (hot azzzzzzzzzz group) I nearly lost my mind in anticipation of the tracks she put down...but if this mix-tape is a sample of what's to come...I'll pass/I'm all set...I got enough 50 cent, Lil Kim, Foxy Brown cds in my house...I'm in search of something different, give me something I can feel...Make me rewind/forward out this bi-otch to get to that certain verse...






HE WANTED THE ROLE, SO HE SMASHED THE AUDITION...LMAO
   Report 
   11-15-2007, 7:54 AM
Che is online. Last active: 11/21/2007 1:59:45 AM Che

Top 75 Posts
Joined on 01-09-2006
NYC
Posts 412
Re: Marsha's Mixed Tape! Not!
Reply Quote
that's whatz up.. ^
"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed..." - Carl Jung
   Report 
   11-15-2007, 8:03 AM
Che is online. Last active: 11/21/2007 1:59:45 AM Che

Top 75 Posts
Joined on 01-09-2006
NYC
Posts 412
Re: Marsha's Mixed Tape! Not!
Reply Quote
 MsDiva2u wrote:

the message was clear... I have know idea what message Marsh is tryna send except... I HATE Natalie!

Totally disagree with you on that... HATE is too strong a word.. why don't you ask her...

 MsDiva2u wrote:

but um... if people are getting coochie coupons... Can i get one from Nat... :~)

you crazy..


"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed..." - Carl Jung
   Report 
   11-15-2007, 8:19 AM
nolaprincess1 is not online. Last active: 11/20/2007 12:25:07 PM nolaprincess1



Top 10 Posts
Joined on 03-12-2006
75023
Posts 3,349
Re: Marsha's Mixed Tape! Not!
Reply Quote
 kokocreole wrote:
You can azz kiss and bandwagon jump on Marshas nuts all you want kareaf but as you and I both have spoken via telephono many times on this and you come and say something different than what you have said before.I don't do that type of twisting sista shyt love.What I say once I can say again and this post is not on some serious bullshyt.This is just about how folks see things and are giving there opinions. It is a straight diss no matter how you shake or bake it! Listen to the tracks again just incase your ears are a tad bit clogged! All through the tracks it says Neo-Soul is dead Marsha Ambrosius in this beyotch! I even named the tracks for you in my previous post.To top it all off that is the name of the damned CD! Again,Marsha chose to do what she wanted to do,she is 30 years old a grown azz woman and nobody twisted her arm or held her captive to make her say the things that she has said in those lyrics if thats what you want to call what she was spittin. Now I understand that you have this lil hot coochie coupon thing for Marsha, Kareaf but even Nola herself looked beyond the green eyes and British accent and could not believe this so called CD that Marsha dug up from the pits of hell.This is not about keeping Marsha in some Floetry box,shyt.All I am saying is that she dissed Neo-Soul point blank which is stupid because she was Neo-Soul 3 CD's ago on stage,off stage and on paper!Now how is that for trippin eh? Oh and that was messed up when she told Natalie (Thats why you aint eatin,you need to get your weight up and then get at me,you thought you were something on the side).We can expect men with there nasty azzes to say things to degrade women for a CD sell! When women do that shyt,it makes them look like 2 bit hoes!May as well place her with lil Kim,Khia and Trina.Even there CD's are way better than what Marsha came up with for that matter.Wink.LMAO ~KOKO~
well Nola could not believe that's why I went to Marsha cause you know when I want to know shyt I go to her...but after she explained it I was like okay I'm good now, I even told marsha I am relieved b/c I don't know how to not be a Marsha Ambrosius fan...but that's another subject for another time.... but it's funny how we can choose what bullshyt we can and will overlook but when others do something for fun and they explain themselves we can't say oh okay I got you...Now I will say what I have been saying Marsha voice is beyond a beast and the music she did on floetry remix(which was hip hop too) was damn good I would buy her cd I'm sorry I would...I'm a fan I love her voice but I don't change anything I said I couldn't believe this mixtape but now I know she was pussyfooting around...I STILL LOVE YOU MARSH LIKE A FAT BYTCH LOVE MCDONALDS ON 59 CENT CHEESEBURGER DAY WITH SOME WINGS FROM BW3'S
   Report 
   11-15-2007, 8:43 AM
kokocreole is not online. Last active: 11/20/2007 6:00:15 AM kokocreole

Top 150 Posts
Joined on 04-11-2007
Yes It's Me
Posts 165
Re: Marsha's Mixed Tape! Not!
Reply Quote
Well Nola I don't buy the ole I was just kiddin on the mixed tape yall deal.There was nothing funny about it.Once a person does something that they really mean and when folks don't feed into it,thats when a n.i.g.g.a want to go back and say errrr ummm I was just playin yall.Out of the heart the mouth speaks and whats in you is going to come out! This has been in Marsha,we just did not see it until now.I don't need to ask Marsha shyt because as the saying goes action speaks louder than words and that mixed tape was action no matter if she tries to come back and clean up her mess .It's too late and she should have thought about the effect before she went runnin out there half cocked like that.Marsha has not come out with music for two years or so.She can't afford to drop a CD period and say it was a joke or for fun,thats stupid and a dummy would buy into that lie.Dre sure in hell would not place his music in a few of Marsha's songs just for fun either that n.i.g.g.a is all about the all mighty dollar trust that.Dre is giving this mixed tape mess out for free just to see how folks will recieve Marsha because he is not going to spend his money on any artist if he does not think they will make him money.It's stupid for Marsha to have gone from 3 albums ,went Gold,sold over 500,000 copies down to being pushed out like some underground groupie! Dre has a history of fugging over female artists and Marsha should have done her homework on him before getting her head in the clouds over some celeb shyt.Love it or hate it but this is the truth Ruth. ~KOKO~
CatWoman

Stroke My PussyCat!!!MEOW...

   Report 
   11-15-2007, 8:44 AM
nolaprincess1 is not online. Last active: 11/20/2007 12:25:07 PM nolaprincess1



Top 10 Posts
Joined on 03-12-2006
75023
Posts 3,349
Re: Marsha's Mixed Tape! Not!
Reply Quote
 Honey2138 wrote:

 nolaprincess1 wrote:
 Honey2138 wrote:
Ok, so I read the interview on myspace... And, I still think it's messed up... Cause she said she had all creative control, she probably wrote all the lyrics... WOW... And, I can understand the name a lil'... Because yea NAS named his album Hip-Hop Is Dead... But, I got one question did he have some crazed person screaming that throughout the entire CD... I didn't buy that one so I don't know... Just a question... I still think the mixtape is garbage, but hey that's just my opionion. It will mos def make me think twice before I purchase anything by her in the future... But, hey I do agree with her she can't go out put'n her music out for free... I wouldn't advise that cause she gotta eat... But, damn could we have gotten a taste of some real shyt... Because this bubble gum Hip-Hop isn't it man...
her saying she had creative control was kind of like duh I was playing around not really being creative.

Trust, I know good what it means... And, to me that means if she had all creative control and she was just playing around so to speak... Means she knew just exactly what was going on around her and didn't nobody hog tie her azz to a fence to say the shyt she said on that MixTape... You know I listen to Trina & Lil' Kim... Shyt I listen to Khia ole nasty azz also, but looking @ their image and what they started out doing you expect some shyt from them diss'n each other and talking bout roll'n blunts and saying I wanna F_UCK you... And, I'm not say'n that that makes it right because it doesn't but that's the image they started with. Everybody is entitled to run the road that they chose to run, but again that still doesn't make it right... I'm just saying that in my opionion the album is garbage and if Lil' Kim came out with a CD mext week talking bout Let's Lay Down & All You Gotta Do Is Say Yes... I'd probably call that garbage as well, because I don't wanna hear that from her... So trust this has nothing to do with me hating or even taking this shyt personally... Because ever bottle of bodywash I wash my azz with, I bought... I'm just saying in my opionion it wasn't what I expected. And, I took it as a diss album... She diss'd her sister/friend, she diss'd the group that we've all grown to love and believe it or NOT she diss'd every member of this board and every lover of Neo-Soul... Because I agree with MsDiva... NAS lives and breaths HIP HOP... The MixTape in question has nothing to do with Neo-Soul other than saying it's DEAD...

first off no one said you were hating, secondly like I said before if neo-soul is dead for her it is her choice she's grown(and sexy) the thing about a good artist is they can mix their music up....on the for real though everyone is acting like we didn't hear a song saying stroke my *** stroke my *** stroke my *** cat....I didn't like but I still sung it thought it was funny...No matter what Marsh put out she's going to always get slack from flo.net and I see that....Now do I think the FREE mixtape was good? No....I will say what I said before it's not want I expected from her and what I know she can do....however she has explained herself and there is nothing else for her to do....Nat could have put the same shyt out and some of you would havve ran to pay for it b/c you are in love with Nat....and I love Nat but why was it okay for Nat to go through what she has been going though and become superheroine and we all say she's over it now....I want them to work things out for their friendship forget floetry or neo soul or hiphop they were friends....and how many of us on here who CALL OURSELVES SISTER/FRIENDS TALK ABOUT EACH OTHER WITH SOMEONE ELSE...it's real it's life wow.
   Report 
   11-15-2007, 8:47 AM
nolaprincess1 is not online. Last active: 11/20/2007 12:25:07 PM nolaprincess1



Top 10 Posts
Joined on 03-12-2006
75023
Posts 3,349
Re: Marsha's Mixed Tape! Not!
Reply Quote
...
   Report 
   11-15-2007, 8:47 AM
nolaprincess1 is not online. Last active: 11/20/2007 12:25:07 PM nolaprincess1



Top 10 Posts
Joined on 03-12-2006
75023
Posts 3,349
Re: Marsha's Mixed Tape! Not!
Reply Quote
 kokocreole wrote:
Well Nola I don't buy the ole I was just kiddin on the mixed tape yall deal.There was nothing funny about it.Once a person does something that they really mean and when folks don't feed into it,thats when a n.i.g.g.a want to go back and say errrr ummm I was just playin yall.Out of the heart the mouth speaks and whats in you is going to come out! This has been in Marsha,we just did not see it until now.I don't need to ask Marsha shyt because as the saying goes action speaks louder than words and that mixed tape was action no matter if she tries to come back and clean up her mess .It's too late and she should have thought about the effect before she went runnin out there half cocked like that.Marsha has not come out with music for two years or so.She can't afford to drop a CD period and say it was a joke or for fun,thats stupid and a dummy would buy into that lie.Dre sure in hell would not place his music in a few of Marsha's songs just for fun either that n.i.g.g.a is all about the all mighty dollar trust that.Dre is giving this mixed tape mess out for free just to see how folks will recieve Marsha because he is not going to spend his money on any artist if he does not think they will make him money.It's stupid for Marsha to have gone from 3 albums ,went Gold,sold over 500,000 copies down to being pushed out like some underground groupie! Dre has a history of fugging over female artists and Marsha should have done her homework on him before getting her head in the clouds over some celeb shyt.Love it or hate it but this is the truth Ruth. ~KOKO~
she never said it was a joke she said it was how she felt at that time...you have said some things at a certain time that you felt then but later when you had a clear head or thought you were seeing things differently didn't feel the same....we all do it...
   Report 
   11-15-2007, 8:47 AM
nolaprincess1 is not online. Last active: 11/20/2007 12:25:07 PM nolaprincess1



Top 10 Posts
Joined on 03-12-2006
75023
Posts 3,349
Re: Marsha's Mixed Tape! Not!
Reply Quote
 kokocreole wrote:
Well Nola I don't buy the ole I was just kiddin on the mixed tape yall deal.There was nothing funny about it.Once a person does something that they really mean and when folks don't feed into it,thats when a n.i.g.g.a want to go back and say errrr ummm I was just playin yall.Out of the heart the mouth speaks and whats in you is going to come out! This has been in Marsha,we just did not see it until now.I don't need to ask Marsha shyt because as the saying goes action speaks louder than words and that mixed tape was action no matter if she tries to come back and clean up her mess .It's too late and she should have thought about the effect before she went runnin out there half cocked like that.Marsha has not come out with music for two years or so.She can't afford to drop a CD period and say it was a joke or for fun,thats stupid and a dummy would buy into that lie.Dre sure in hell would not place his music in a few of Marsha's songs just for fun either that n.i.g.g.a is all about the all mighty dollar trust that.Dre is giving this mixed tape mess out for free just to see how folks will recieve Marsha because he is not going to spend his money on any artist if he does not think they will make him money.It's stupid for Marsha to have gone from 3 albums ,went Gold,sold over 500,000 copies down to being pushed out like some underground groupie! Dre has a history of fugging over female artists and Marsha should have done her homework on him before getting her head in the clouds over some celeb shyt.Love it or hate it but this is the truth Ruth. ~KOKO~
she never said it was a joke she said it was how she felt at that time...you have said some things at a certain time that you felt then but later when you had a clear head or thought you were seeing things differently didn't feel the same....we all do it... You know what I wish everyone would look at what they do thier actions and tell me does it really speak louder than words?
   Report 
  Page 3 of 6 (76 items) < 1 2 3 4 5 > ... Last »
Floetry » All Things Floe... » The Music » Marsha's Mixed Tape! Not!

Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy