Welcome to Floetry Sign in | Join | Faq

The Music

Started by Che at 11-20-2007 3:03 PM. Topic has 35 replies.

Print Search
Sort Posts:    
   11-20-2007, 3:03 PM
Che is not online. Last active: 12/13/2007 6:06:06 AM Che

Top 75 Posts
Joined on 01-09-2006
NYC
Posts 425
Re: Jill Scott CD
Reply Quote

I hear ya MsB.. 

Silent, my brother,  rewind Crown Royal & Epiphany.. 

Oh and don't  be scuuurred to hit up the Alicia Keys thread.. whatz up? you no likey?

"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed..." - Carl Jung
   11-26-2007, 12:11 AM
Silent Medley is not online. Last active: 12/6/2007 2:00:16 AM Silent Medley

Top 75 Posts
Joined on 01-29-2006
Posts 497
Reply Quote
Che...I couldn't stand the crown royal joint...i've listened to the album twice...about a month apart...if i remember epiphany is actually one of the songs I like. As for miss keys...i feel she is (personally) extremely over rated...i feel she is very weak in her song writing. And she really needs work in the music she uses 90% of the time. And her new single...very disappointing...considering that usually her singles are her best songs on her album (IMO). With my opinion of that, if this is the best she has to offer or to get someone's attention to buy the album...*smh* that is TRUELY sad. And I'll just end my opinion there.............since you seem interested in my opinion of jill (and alicia)...can u try to explain what u hear as opposed to what i hear? I'm VERY intrigued, seriously!

myspace.com/silentmedley
   11-26-2007, 8:24 AM
nolaprincess1 is not online. Last active: 2/3/2008 7:11:14 AM nolaprincess1

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 03-12-2006
Posts 3,465
Reply Quote
 Silent Medley wrote:
Che...I couldn't stand the crown royal joint...i've listened to the album twice...about a month apart...if i remember epiphany is actually one of the songs I like. As for miss keys...i feel she is (personally) extremely over rated...i feel she is very weak in her song writing. And she really needs work in the music she uses 90% of the time. And her new single...very disappointing...considering that usually her singles are her best songs on her album (IMO). With my opinion of that, if this is the best she has to offer or to get someone's attention to buy the album...*smh* that is TRUELY sad. And I'll just end my opinion there.............since you seem interested in my opinion of jill (and alicia)...can u try to explain what u hear as opposed to what i hear? I'm VERY intrigued, seriously!
wow silent....but I agree on Alicia I can't really get into her like that either...
This can't be love, this can't be right, gotta be more, this can't be us!

11-26-2007, 10:04 AM
TheLoveMovement1 is not online. Last active: 1/22/2008 12:56:02 PM TheLoveMovement1

Top 100 Posts
Joined on 01-07-2006
Posts 236
Reply Quote

OFFF THE CHIIIZZZAANNNN....

JILL'S ALWAYS BEEN A BEYOND CONSISTANT PERFORMER.....

I LOVE EPIPHANY.....YESSSIR

CIRCAROYALE.BLOGSPOT.COM

11-26-2007, 5:33 PM
MIKE J BURT is not online. Last active: 11/28/2007 1:58:34 AM MIKE J BURT

Top 50 Posts
Joined on 11-04-2005
Posts 872
Reply Quote
 nolaprincess1 wrote:

is hot from track 1 to 15...here's a sample and my personal favorite...

Insomia

It is 4 am and I'm waiting in our bed alone dreaming of your embrace wishing you would come back home

Chorus: but you don't call and you don't come and you don't say that you miss me ooooo and you don't stop on your way by to say hi I'm feeling crazy

It is 5am and I'm waiting by the phone again this is not how it suppose to be your suppose to be here with me but your gone now your just gone now you don't even think about the way I feel cause your gone now your just gone now and I know you should be right here.    It's 6 o'clock in the morning and I'm so tired of yawning I'm miserble and feeling blue cause all I really want is you

chorus:

It's 7 o'clock in the am in fifteen minutes this alarm will be ringing at work no one will feel my pain it's a crime the way things change. time to wake and put on my strong face and hope that no one will notice

Speak:

you have manage to turn me from a Woman of Substance to a brick flying, calling to damn much, crying and crying, spying, way down down low the flat zone, from the opposite side of the ball, ez off loaded on top of your car,  CHIC! I never intended to be this CHIC groping and smoke for her mind or the  readily disolving remnant of it after being chase I've been dismissed as just an object something to play with. you have manage to turn me from a woman of substance to this!

i do love this song...
"Experience Is Impossible Without a Chance: A Collection of Poems" by Michael J. Burt

www.mjburtpoetry.com!
http://www.myspace.com/poetmjb!

11-27-2007, 6:53 AM
Che is not online. Last active: 12/13/2007 6:06:06 AM Che

Top 75 Posts
Joined on 01-09-2006
NYC
Posts 425
Reply Quote

Silent..

Crown Royal just doesn't do it for you huh? Aight I can respect that. lol  I’m into words, & I like
what Jill does with them on this cd, her vibe.. her flow.. whether she's singing or rocking the spoken word.. she takes me there.. straight up.. she's the truth! 

As for Alicia step over to Once's Alicia Keyz thread ----->

"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed..." - Carl Jung
  Page 3 of 3 (36 items) < 1 2 3
Floetry » All Things Floe... » The Music » Jill Scott CD

Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy