Welcome to Floetry Sign in | Join | Faq

Original Poems

Started by phenomenon at 11-17-2005 3:08 PM. Topic has 0 replies.

Print Search
Sort Posts:    
   11-17-2005, 3:08 PM
phenomenon is not online. Last active: 11/10/2005 11:38:53 AM phenomenon

Top 500 Posts
Joined on 11-07-2005
Posts 13
House Of Cards (Infatuation)
Reply Quote

I started building something/Out of something else/With a figure that was unfamiliar/Who was this that/Blessed me from what hexed me/Bravely saved me/From the curse of being lonely/There was no other pace/But to build with it quickly/So I, I mean we/Stacked so high that the impact/Of perfection presented itself wonderfully/This person’s untamed veins/Beat with the passion of our intertwined names/So divine, so kind, it made dimness shine with/Heavenly designed words/That aligned through my thirsty ears/Sweetening my mind, seasoning my time/Like the intoxication of wine/The etiquette of the exquisite visits/And I sat and learned from it/When we spoke, I choked/Evoked with disbelief/That such a scarred heart could still float/Remembering I hadn’t/Visited the sky in a long time/Now lighted by the sun with no other excuse/Me and the clouds had been reintroduced/Loose with the past abuse/Of my skepticism debating truth/Knowing that this good was too good/To be overlooked as chills shook/So we built together/And the further we got/The more I forgot how to be bitter/And just confronted what was better/And as we exceeded/I bled until past pain was unfed and dead/Every shred of it was dusted/Focused on what this/Hocus pocus wrote us/I was captivated/By how easily I was elevated/Stretching, yawning, once sedated/Wide-awake now to someone/Only God created/Drought emotions were refreshed/And of course, some kind of force participated/And I kept building/With this person I was overly certain/Helped me and would always help me/Find the meaning of eternally/All the way, everyday/Showing me how forever/Actually meant for love to stay/Not go astray/Every night, I awaited anxiously/To hear the voice that patiently painted me/Maybe in love, or just in hope for it/But no one resisted, but I/Was assisted by big Kool-Aid smiles/Conflicted when we wouldn’t speak for a while/Enlisted with sadness/When I desperately missed it/For it I existed/Eyes wide as I persisted building/I’d sing when the phone would ring/For it seemed to be made just for me /It stayed just for me/It was displayed just for me/And I repaid it by my duties of building/Something incredible on this scenery/I acted so obsessively/Because, I mean, what human being/Has ever met perfection personally?/I was special/Because I finally met it recently/Performing arrogant actions/That proved my strong satisfaction/Concealing the ultimate persuasion/That this person was my soul’s reservation/And the constant invasion/Of its memory frequently in my mind’s fascination/I tasted something new/And it drove me crazy/Nothing could phase me/My body was its factory/Of believing it made me happy/I was functioned/In building this construction/And I planned that/Its roof of truth/Would reach the atmosphere/I had no fear at all/To make this presentation clear/Confident of it never falling/Never shaking/Butterflies stormed throughout my insides/Cries formed from my eyes/Only of happiness, absolutely no disguise/I smiled before I could think/My heart loved/Before its next beat/Fate was scheduled/To last so long/On this type of foundation,/What could possibly go wrong?/Then as my heart grew too dependant/That’s when things descended/When my riches became framed,/The exact reflection/Of what my existence ordained,/Something resisted, something shifted/That couldn’t be explained/And I was suddenly left alone/Without that which was gifted/There was a day/When something went different/And then all I felt/Left me building by myself/There was a change of mind/But not on my side/Then I felt painful tides/That killed off all pride, that ceased all strides/Infatuation came first/Devastation came tough/And the revelation was rough/Being so lifted up, so in touch/With what I wanted so much/Made me forget/How it was to be on the ground/Then after everything was new/That’s when the gust of wind blew/Causing all I had built/To come falling straight down/So close and yet so far/But that’s what I get for building/A lousy house of cards

Floetry » Poet's Corner » Original Poems » House Of Cards (Infatuation)

Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy