Welcome to Floetry Sign in | Join | Faq

The Songstress

Started by nolaprincess1 at 11-08-2007 8:15 AM. Topic has 54 replies.

Print Search
Sort Posts:    
   11-08-2007, 8:15 AM
nolaprincess1 is not online. Last active: 1/1/2009 4:46:43 AM nolaprincess1

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 03-12-2006
Posts 3,500
Re: ***MARSHA'S MUSIC PAGE***
Reply Quote
 MsDiva2u wrote:

:~) Nola u r silly.  ...like a fat kid loves cake yeh?  Well I like 'you dont know'... it made me feel kinda sad tho .. the words... and it still wasnt bringing forth the full extent of wut I know she can do...but it was nice to hear after the shock of ...well u know...

...anywhhooo im off to work..

I understand you her voice is a beast but like I say some of the songs don't bring out the full potential of her voice you know...I really don't like the Jodeci remix, I just hope she doesn't become just a song writer...her voice is to powerful and beatiful for the world to miss out on. Guess Marsh is right...Shyt I don't know.
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/35/l_376556be3cc04a5aa5a4e26210835954
   11-08-2007, 2:08 PM
TORIADAFLOECIST is not online. Last active: 11/9/2007 5:06:33 AM TORIADAFLOECIST

Not Ranked
Joined on 11-09-2007
Posts 1
Reply Quote
I don't know what it is, but I feel like Floetry may have gotten a little bit too commercial for me.  I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE FIRST ALBUM. The second album was mediocre to me, and it seemed like they were trying too hard to go for a more commercial appeal by losing weight and wearing make up.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you should look broke busted and disgusted, but I think in the process of them changing, the music was compromised!! Now, I don't know what to the think about this Neo-Soul is Dead stuff????????
   11-08-2007, 2:41 PM
KAREAF is not online. Last active: 2/13/2008 7:25:01 AM KAREAF

Top 50 Posts
Joined on 02-17-2006
Posts 1,236
Reply Quote
i gfotta admit i like nats music more becajuse it feels more honest its seems to me like marsha is trying to hard to distance herself from floetry and not being true to herselfg but then again maybe its really juujst a matter of growth or shyt maybe floetry was never her y i say that because the music on her music page isnt the music she has been working on all this time i heard some of her real shyt and it is fire but it sounds neo soulish but it could be a contract issue with aftermath as well who knows but this new stuff is totatally different however it sounds the same as everyone else's music wich is disapointing because she is waaaaaaaaaaay to talented to become a radio parrot, with that being said she will still successfull because making hit records only takes understanding the formula and she has it dialed in so i expect big things from her as a songwriter and it does seem as though she is content with just being a ghost writer or songwriter she is a "nitewrita" soooo she'll do well, also from the lyrics it seems as though musicall content doesnt matter and its all about the paper and nat is about the art form, when your about that paper do what sells records say biotch, diamonds, f uck, and diss what you use to love and what got you paid before unless its selling drugs! anybody asked her about that
   11-08-2007, 3:00 PM
MsDiva2u is not online. Last active: 12/18/2008 4:52:09 PM MsDiva2u

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 04-06-2006
dunno
Posts 2,501
Reply Quote

KAREAF wrote:
i gfotta admit i like nats music more becajuse it feels more honest its seems to me like marsha is trying to hard to distance herself from floetry and not being true to herselfg but then again maybe its really juujst a matter of growth or shyt maybe floetry was never her y i say that because the music on her music page isnt the music she has been working on all this time i heard some of her real shyt and it is fire but it sounds neo soulish but it could be a contract issue with aftermath as well who knows but this new stuff is totatally different however it sounds the same as everyone else's music wich is disapointing because she is waaaaaaaaaaay to talented to become a radio parrot, with that being said she will still successfull because making hit records only takes understanding the formula and she has it dialed in so i expect big things from her as a songwriter and it does seem as though she is content with just being a ghost writer or songwriter she is a "nitewrita" soooo she'll do well, also from the lyrics it seems as though musicall content doesnt matter and its all about the paper and nat is about the art form, when your about that paper do what sells records say biotch, diamonds, f uck, and diss what you use to love and what got you paid before unless its selling drugs! anybody asked her about that

Maynne Kareaf... i do Love u for ur honesty and frankness.  I havent had the nerve to ask her anything... because i have even said much of two words to her since the whole Remixxed thing popped off... ::shrugs::  :~(

Well said.

"gotta go through the fire to come out pure gold"
~ love is a losing game...

11-08-2007, 3:03 PM

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 04-06-2006
dunno
Posts 2,501
Reply Quote

TORIADAFLOECIST wrote:
I don't know what it is, but I feel like Floetry may have gotten a little bit too commercial for me.  I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE FIRST ALBUM. The second album was mediocre to me, and it seemed like they were trying too hard to go for a more commercial appeal by losing weight and wearing make up.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you should look broke busted and disgusted, but I think in the process of them changing, the music was compromised!! Now, I don't know what to the think about this Neo-Soul is Dead stuff????????

::waving:: :~)

11-08-2007, 3:21 PM

Top 50 Posts
Joined on 02-17-2006
Posts 1,236
Reply Quote
 MsDiva2u wrote:

KAREAF wrote:

Maynne Kareaf... i do Love u for ur honesty and frankness.  I havent had the nerve to ask her anything... because i have even said much of two words to her since the whole Remixxed thing popped off... ::shrugs::  :~(

Well said.

No matter what they do individually i dont think it will touch the majic of floetry its just one of those things its like your first love, or first time having sex, that experience was incredible and i think niether of them understand the gravity they have its like motown ya know it was never the same after it left detroit? but just as motown did theyll move on and be successfull it just wont feel the same to those of us that were there from the get y because you cant recreate majic shyt neo soul is dead nah "the floetry movement is dead"
   11-08-2007, 6:12 PM

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 04-06-2006
dunno
Posts 2,501
Reply Quote
 KAREAF wrote:
 MsDiva2u wrote:

KAREAF wrote:

Well said.

No matter what they do individually i dont think it will touch the majic of floetry its just one of those things its like your first love, or first time having sex, that experience was incredible and i think niether of them understand the gravity they have its like motown ya know it was never the same after it left detroit? but just as motown did theyll move on and be successfull it just wont feel the same to those of us that were there from the get y because you cant recreate majic shyt neo soul is dead nah "the floetry movement is dead"

and it most certainly is NOT... The Floetry movement continues to evolve...  A very wise person once told me... Just because one person wants off of the train... doesnt mean the train stops and everybody else gets off... (or something like that).  Why mess it up for everybody? Neo-Soul isnt dead.  The 'Floetry' movement isnt dead. Everything is very much alive. Everybodys just as free to do want she wants as we have ever been. You'll see. Speaking of FREEDOM...

11-08-2007, 9:26 PM
nolaprincess1 is not online. Last active: 1/1/2009 4:46:43 AM nolaprincess1

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 03-12-2006
Posts 3,500
Reply Quote
 KAREAF wrote:
you said a lot here Kareaf...deep for real, I heard the songs she did on the Floetry remixx tour and it was hot I was begging to get the cd "these four walls" will get someone in trouble.
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/35/l_376556be3cc04a5aa5a4e26210835954
   11-10-2007, 5:22 PM

Top 50 Posts
Joined on 02-17-2006
Posts 1,236
Reply Quote
Well i asked her about it and she pointed out that nas did a ablum called "hip hop is dead" but he is all hip hop, she said she called the mix tape what she called it because thats what people expected her to do she said that she will realease a mix tape with all genres on it she pointed out that she's worked with all types of artist and that yes she curses a lot on these songs, she said this is a side of her that was restrained during her prior situation! This wasnt a diss yall more like a parody, or joke
   11-11-2007, 8:19 AM

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 04-06-2006
dunno
Posts 2,501
Reply Quote

KAREAF wrote:
Well i asked her about it and she pointed out that nas did a ablum called "hip hop is dead" but he is all hip hop, she said she called the mix tape what she called it because thats what people expected her to do she said that she will realease a mix tape with all genres on it she pointed out that she's worked with all types of artist and that yes she curses a lot on these songs, she said this is a side of her that was restrained during her prior situation! This wasnt a diss yall more like a parody, or joke

a joke yeh? well things dont seem to funny to me... actually .. things seem very hostile The entire fukking mixed tape sounds very hostile! Maybe im wrong... listen urself.... and wtf is track number 3 "Marsha Day' all about?

I have a legitimate concern...

Marsha Ambrosius - Neo Soul Is Dead - Free Mixtape @ datpiff.com

11-11-2007, 12:38 PM

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 04-06-2006
dunno
Posts 2,501
Reply Quote

KAREAF wrote:

and one more thing.... Marsha is NOT .. i repeat NOT .. Nas..

... and who are these "people" who expected her to do something like this???  Her fans??? The Neo-Soul Fans who thought she was a Neo-Soul artist??? Or her new fans.. the ones that are soon to find out shes gangsta now???  

11-11-2007, 2:44 PM

Top 50 Posts
Joined on 02-17-2006
Posts 1,236
Reply Quote
i like the tape its hot to me, she's not gangsta just urbanized i like it shows her "real" personality
   11-11-2007, 3:01 PM

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 04-06-2006
dunno
Posts 2,501
Reply Quote

KAREAF wrote:
i like the tape its hot to me, she's not gangsta just urbanized i like it shows her "real" personality

really?

11-11-2007, 3:08 PM

Top 50 Posts
Joined on 02-17-2006
Posts 1,236
Reply Quote
yea i really do like it her and nat were always two different people this is just another ascpect of her personality ya know
   11-11-2007, 3:15 PM

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 04-06-2006
dunno
Posts 2,501
Reply Quote

KAREAF wrote:
yea i really do like it her and nat were always two different people this is just another ascpect of her personality ya know

cool..so.. u like the whole mixtape?

Page 2 of 4 (55 items) < 1 2 3 4 >
Floetry » All Things Floe... » The Songstress » Re: ***MARSHA'S MUSIC PAGE***

Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy