Welcome to Floetry Sign in | Join | Faq

The Music

Started by keisha_s at 10-10-2006 1:30 PM. Topic has 41 replies.

Print Search
Sort Posts:    
   10-10-2006, 1:30 PM
keisha_s is not online. Last active: 10/23/2006 10:07:34 PM keisha_s

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 04-03-2006
Posts 1,542
Re: Halle Berry to play white woman in next role
Reply Quote
 U_R_Stupid wrote:
 keisha_s wrote:

so now shes a sell out....she is still half white and u can't just say oh ur skin is black so we have full claim over u... i mean she is half black but to say, oh shes half black so thats the only side she gets to portay in movies is selfish and a bit racist...i see this as a challenge

I didn't say she was a sell out.  She is half white, 50/50, cut right down the middle.  I see that.  Now let's talk about everyone else that's going to make a big deal out of this. 

Did you know that Halle Berry had a nose job after Boomerrang?  Do you think that she would play a white woman if she still had her black nose?  (Just a side question!)

ok if u insist.....i think not because she would look less like a white woman if that was the case...only petty people will make a big deal outa this...
what chu know about.....

10-10-2006, 1:35 PM
kokobaby is not online. Last active: 10/19/2006 10:43:15 PM kokobaby

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 11-04-2005
Euro-pean Tube
Posts 2,818
Reply Quote

keisha_s wrote the following post at 10-10-2006 9:30 PM:

U_R_Stupid wrote:
 keisha_s wrote:

so now shes a sell out....she is still half white and u can't just say oh ur skin is black so we have full claim over u... i mean she is half black but to say, oh shes half black so thats the only side she gets to portay in movies is selfish and a bit racist...i see this as a challenge

I didn't say she was a sell out.  She is half white, 50/50, cut right down the middle.  I see that.  Now let's talk about everyone else that's going to make a big deal out of this. 

Did you know that Halle Berry had a nose job after Boomerrang?  Do you think that she would play a white woman if she still had her black nose?  (Just a side question!)

ok if u insist.....i think not because she would look less like a white woman if that was the case...only petty people will make a big deal outa this...

Note:You are young! Really! Get into History for a change!You are speaking like a mad young lad!Only Petty people with no knowledge would not make a big deal of it !

~KOKO~

"Reality Is Only Overwhelming In The Eyes Of Those With No Face".

"You are in my poems,if U knew where 2 look,you would find it" .

10-10-2006, 1:37 PM
B.Alexander is not online. Last active: 10/22/2006 12:29:03 AM B.Alexander

Top 100 Posts
Joined on 09-16-2006
D.C.
Posts 195
Reply Quote
Read the story. It states that she will potray a woman that is white in real life. Many actors including Denzel in the Firm and Ricochet Almost all Sam Jackson films were orginally for white actors. Just because she potrays a CHARACTER does not mean she's going to change her skin
B.Alexander
   10-10-2006, 1:37 PM
U_R_Stupid is online. Last active: 10/29/2006 8:53:41 PM U_R_Stupid

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 02-18-2006
Neverland
Posts 1,901
Reply Quote
 keisha_s wrote:
 U_R_Stupid wrote:
 keisha_s wrote:

I just wanted to hear what you thought about that mama!

A big deal is going to be made out of it and you know that.

10-10-2006, 1:39 PM

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 02-18-2006
Neverland
Posts 1,901
Reply Quote

B.Alexander wrote:
Read the story. It states that she will potray a woman that is white in real life. Many actors including Denzel in the Firm and Ricochet Almost all Sam Jackson films were orginally for white actors. Just because she potrays a CHARACTER does not mean she's going to change her skin

So you think that she's going to play this role of a white woman as a black actress?

10-10-2006, 1:40 PM

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 04-03-2006
Posts 1,542
Reply Quote
 kokobaby wrote:

U_R_Stupid wrote:
 keisha_s wrote:

Note:You are young! Really! Get into History for a change!You are speaking like a mad young lad!Only Petty people with no knowledge would not make a big deal of it !

~KOKO~

wow and you throw the young factor like i dont know what im talking about....ha! i luv it

get into history for a change right?pahahahaha and what exactly do i know? please tell me cuz u seem to have the inside scoop..lol......ok koko you've won! im about done...congrats

what chu know about.....

10-10-2006, 1:47 PM

Top 100 Posts
Joined on 09-16-2006
D.C.
Posts 195
Reply Quote
Yes. She wil play the ROLE. Unless it is a character or film that concentrates on or makes reference to race. Any one can play a ROLE. For years white men were playing Othello who was black until Laurence Fishborne. Elizabeth Taylor played Cleopatra
B.Alexander
   10-10-2006, 1:49 PM

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 04-03-2006
Posts 1,542
Reply Quote
 U_R_Stupid wrote:
 keisha_s wrote:
 U_R_Stupid wrote:
 keisha_s wrote:

i doubt it maybe a buzz for about a week or two but nothing to think twice about
what chu know about.....

10-10-2006, 1:56 PM

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 02-18-2006
Neverland
Posts 1,901
Reply Quote

B.Alexander wrote:
Yes. She wil play the ROLE. Unless it is a character or film that concentrates on or makes reference to race. Any one can play a ROLE. For years white men were playing Othello who was black until Laurence Fishborne. Elizabeth Taylor played Cleopatra

Well, we will see!

"I was black growing up in an all-white neighborhood, so I felt like I just didn't fit in. Like I wasn't as good as everybody else, or as smart, or whatever."

"I don't see a white woman. I see a black woman, even though my mother is white [her father Jerome is black]. Knowing that has made my life easier, I think."

10-10-2006, 1:57 PM

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 02-18-2006
Neverland
Posts 1,901
Reply Quote
 keisha_s wrote:
 U_R_Stupid wrote:
 keisha_s wrote:
 U_R_Stupid wrote:
 keisha_s wrote:

i doubt it maybe a buzz for about a week or two but nothing to think twice about

White might be mad........the lady's family might be upset!

10-10-2006, 1:59 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 11-04-2005
Euro-pean Tube
Posts 2,818
Reply Quote

keisha_s wrote the following post at 10-10-2006 9:40 PM:

kokobaby wrote:

U_R_Stupid wrote:
 keisha_s wrote:

~KOKO~

wow and you throw the young factor like i dont know what im talking about....ha! i luv it

get into history for a change right?pahahahaha and what exactly do i know? please tell me cuz u seem to have the inside scoop..lol......ok koko you've won! im about done...congrats

Note:It is not funny honey!

~KOKO~

10-10-2006, 2:00 PM

Top 100 Posts
Joined on 09-16-2006
D.C.
Posts 195
Reply Quote
That encouaging and makes a point. Movie goers are going to see a cahracter that happens to be potrayed by an actor who happens to be black.
B.Alexander
   10-10-2006, 2:03 PM

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 04-03-2006
Posts 1,542
Reply Quote
 kokobaby wrote:

keisha_s wrote the following post at 10-10-2006 9:40 PM:

kokobaby wrote:

U_R_Stupid wrote:
 keisha_s wrote:

~KOKO~

Note:It is not funny honey!

~KOKO~

maybe not to you....thats coo..( :

what chu know about.....

10-10-2006, 2:03 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 11-04-2005
Euro-pean Tube
Posts 2,818
Reply Quote

Then they will get pissy and act a fool!Not cool ! Trust me,before the movie is released there will be talk way before it even reaches the box office !Media will have a field day!

~KOKO~

10-10-2006, 2:06 PM

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 02-18-2006
Neverland
Posts 1,901
Reply Quote
 kokobaby wrote:

Then they will get pissy and act a fool!Not cool ! Trust me,before the movie is released there will be talk way before it even reaches the box office !Media will have a field day!

~KOKO~

The producer probably did this on purpose to get attention for the movie.  Bet it flops!

Page 2 of 3 (42 items) < 1 2 3 >
Floetry » All Things Floe... » The Music » Re: Halle Berry to play white woman in next role

Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy