Welcome to Floetry Sign in | Join | Faq

The Songstress

Started by Skye at 07-27-2007 12:08 PM. Topic has 38 replies.

Print Search
Sort Posts:    
   07-27-2007, 12:08 PM
Skye is not online. Last active: 8/1/2007 8:47:33 AM Skye

Top 75 Posts
Joined on 11-18-2005
SE6
Posts 546
Gossip is just that... Gossip!!!
Reply Quote
No one in their right mind could replace what Natalie and I created as a duo... Amanda Diva and myself are creating a whole new collabo together... as for Nat and myself, 15 years of knowing someone is dead real... people who don't know you have their right to judge.. putting yourself out their in the 'limelight' or whatever leaves you open... know one cares what is actually going on in your real life coz you become just a song, or a group, not real people with real lives and real issues to deal with outside of 'the industry'... I, from the beginning have remained adamant about being brutally honest, to my own detriment... everyone on this board had always been able to ask me whatever, and I'd tell you the truth... sometimes you wanna believe you can trust people with your word, you assume that people are your friends or your fam but everyone has their own plans... everybody has their own life that is more important than boards/blogs/myspace... whatever it may be... Floetry was an important part of my life, my growth as a human being... Floetry was never planned, it happened and I'm thankful for what I've learned through being a part of it... but on some real, I'm damn near 30yrs old... I have a million and 1 more things to do b4 all is said and done and as much as I want to please everybody, I can't... I really can't and in knowing that, it has freed me from so much bullshyt... I'm tryna live my life... and live it right... Nat knows how much I love her and support her in whatever she chooses to do... I back her 100% as she does me... there is nothing but love... I love to make music... that's all I ever wanted to do... but the truth is, when forced to be confronted with yourself under a super lens, music becomes the smallest part of it all... all luv...
www.myspace.com/marshaambrosius
"Back in da buildin', back on da map..."
   07-27-2007, 1:20 PM
nolaprincess1 is not online. Last active: 1/1/2009 4:46:43 AM nolaprincess1

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 03-12-2006
Posts 3,500
Re: Gossip is just that... Gossip!!!
Reply Quote
Understood Marsha....My biggest thing and I am sure it is with the rest of the fam is that this tour was being promoted as FLOETRY, and when we saw that we were excited to see you and Nat together in concert. I personally asked you and Nat both help me understand what was going on, I know you have no control over the promoters but really the way the tour has been promoted is misleading to the fans and most of all to the fam. that's what's so messed up about this, to me it's like a slap in the face when you support an artist and it seems like it's what ever to sell tickets. I mean my ticket says floetry,not floetry remixxed. No worries I am coming to see you do your thing I love to hear you sing I love to watch you and Nat perform but it is what it is.
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/35/l_376556be3cc04a5aa5a4e26210835954
   07-27-2007, 1:27 PM

Top 75 Posts
Joined on 11-18-2005
SE6
Posts 546
Reply Quote
understood :) I mean, yeah, we talked on myspace and everything about the same thing... promoters jumped the gun leaving the artists in the deep end to do all the explaining... many of the shows had it misconstrued early, however, its slowly being changed, I can't control everything... admitting that is the 1st step :) ... Boston was off da chain laz night... its all luv..
   07-27-2007, 3:40 PM
Naye is not online. Last active: 10/7/2008 12:23:33 AM Naye

Top 50 Posts
Joined on 11-11-2005
Posts 1,715
Reply Quote
Im glad this was addressed because I was scared that my favorite group was over and personally I dont want it to be over. I love ya so much!!!!
Naye
   07-27-2007, 3:59 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 03-12-2006
Posts 3,500
Reply Quote
Man I have not heard so much talk about Floetry on the radio...Man it seems like everyone is calling about what's being said on the radio.
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/35/l_376556be3cc04a5aa5a4e26210835954
   07-27-2007, 6:44 PM
Naye is not online. Last active: 10/7/2008 12:23:33 AM Naye

Top 50 Posts
Joined on 11-11-2005
Posts 1,715
Reply Quote
Well they always say that bad press is usually the best press. At least they are important enough to even spark the gossip surrounding this whole situation. Im just glad to know that there is no love lost regarding this.
Naye
   07-28-2007, 12:25 AM
sagittariussoul is not online. Last active: 9/22/2008 5:05:32 AM sagittariussoul

Top 50 Posts
Joined on 12-01-2005
Posts 904
Reply Quote
funny thing is there is "bad press" right here on the site....I had a "lil bird" whisper in my ear,,,,"queen of the jungle" ....ooops did I say that aloud when she out of the blue pm'd me .... keep in mind that Ihave never spoke to her EVER..and I am quoting this out of my pm box,, ''''''''''''''altho i had the guts to ask marsha on myspace if they her and nat really broke up and she said yeah and had no plans of working w/ her ne more. *shrugs shoulders* ''''''''''''........please dont deny this queen ... I will pm my password out to people..and just create a new account!! REAL EYES....REALIZE...REAL LIES!! haaa !! On this whole issue I have said since day one I would go.....It just makes me wonder what people are in this for...I go to live music to have a good time...and enjoy myself....Floetry remix I thought was cute... but whatever jsut my personal opinion but can understand that it is misleading...We all were introduced to Floetry becaue of music...not because we "knew"them....all im saying is lets just get back to music..."walk it out"....peace
You can't solve problems from the same level of thinking that created them....Einstein

You might be a master of words you didn't say and slave to the ones you said! ... Dan White

07-28-2007, 12:53 AM
sagittariussoul is not online. Last active: 9/22/2008 5:05:32 AM sagittariussoul

Top 50 Posts
Joined on 12-01-2005
Posts 904
Reply Quote
You can't solve problems from the same level of thinking that created them....Einstein

You might be a master of words you didn't say and slave to the ones you said! ... Dan White

07-28-2007, 8:17 AM
iFresh is not online. Last active: 7/29/2007 1:50:11 AM iFresh

Not Ranked
Joined on 06-26-2006
Posts 3
Reply Quote

I am very glad that was clarified. I have been waiting for bout 3or 4 years to finally see you and nat in concert. I was a bit heart broken when she wasn't with you. Someone else mentioned about almost comin to tears, glad I wasn't the only one. It was hard to even try to stay mad cause the show you and diva put on was insane. Visit Boston again.

-Soul Glow.

myspace.com/agmecca
   07-28-2007, 11:29 AM

Top 75 Posts
Joined on 11-18-2005
SE6
Posts 546
Reply Quote
I said exactly that to you saggi... and as of then, when u asked and I told you, that's exactly what it was... Nat is my sister, we went thru things that you couldn't possibly fathom... we've grown together and apart, respectively... I'll never deny my words or my actions and can back up any move that I make with the truth... at the end of the day, i want to make music, music for the people that have been supporting me from the get go... if its with Nat or not... I'm about the music...
   07-28-2007, 11:34 AM
Br0wnie is not online. Last active: 10/17/2008 12:04:08 AM Br0wnie

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 11-25-2005
Posts 3,612
Reply Quote
Hey Marsha... The only thing I want to know, is why not just tell us (the fans) instead of leaving room for the drama? Not to say you owe us anything, but I'm just curious. I take this site to be an information gateway for Floetry, so it could have been something said here.

Sisterly love at it's best.
   07-28-2007, 11:41 AM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 03-12-2006
Posts 3,500
Reply Quote

Skye wrote:
I said exactly that to you saggi... and as of then, when u asked and I told you, that's exactly what it was... Nat is my sister, we went thru things that you couldn't possibly fathom... we've grown together and apart, respectively... I'll never deny my words or my actions and can back up any move that I make with the truth... at the end of the day, i want to make music, music for the people that have been supporting me from the get go... if its with Nat or not... I'm about the music...

Bottom line I want to know when will I hear Marsh Ambrosius alone now that you and Nat are no longer working together.  My friends are not really Floetry fans are even talking saying your voice is the Shyt, can we hear a song with just you?

07-28-2007, 11:43 AM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 03-12-2006
Posts 3,500
Reply Quote

Skye wrote:

TRANSLATIONS YEAH I SAID IT AND WHAT!

DAMN YOU HOOD!LOL but if you ever get hood like that with me I will bring ever bit of the 9th ward out! ROTFLMAO

07-28-2007, 11:59 AM
MsDiva2u is not online. Last active: 12/18/2008 4:52:09 PM MsDiva2u

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 04-06-2006
dunno
Posts 2,501
Reply Quote
wow... i think im sick
"gotta go through the fire to come out pure gold"
~ love is a losing game...

07-28-2007, 12:25 PM

Top 75 Posts
Joined on 11-18-2005
SE6
Posts 546
Reply Quote
if I paid attention to every little bit of drama, I'd have login names and passwords for days tryna explain myself to everybody with something to say.. like I said, you can't please everybody... I'm not hard to find, y'all know the myspace, you know that you can get at me and I'll give you my honest answer at the time I was asked... Floetry, for me, was a musical gateway to express the left side of myself... Nat and I had a chemistry thru years of knowing each other and coming up with similar backgrounds, SE5 :) we had always said we were gonna make a Trilogy... 3 banging albums of the Floetry experience... Floetic, Floacism, Flo'ology... we knew by the time the 3rd album hit, we'd be grown ass women with our own plans, our own dreams to fulfill... "Life after Floetry... Natalie Stewart is... Super Heroine" and I respect that... thats her super hero alter ego... and I'm happy for her... me walking down the streets of Philly and everywhere else I've been rolling thru by myself from the top of this year to now, I'm pointed out as Floetry... people identify me as the chick from Floetry... everyone has their own truth, their own experience... I'm just tryna make music... I know as fam, we're alll passionate and concerned and I know some of y'all reffered to the separation as a divorce LoL... see it as transition... support Nat as I do 100 in all she wants to do after Floetry... I'm doin me... but as always, if I say something, somebody got something to say, if I don't say something, somebody got something to say... its always gonna be something... its all luv :)
  Page 1 of 3 (39 items) 1 2 3 >
Floetry » All Things Floe... » The Songstress » Re: Gossip is just that... Gossip!!!

Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy