Welcome to Floetry Sign in | Join | Faq

The Floacist

Started by TellmeTruth10 at 08-08-2007 10:03 AM. Topic has 12 replies.

Print Search
Sort Posts:    
   08-08-2007, 10:03 AM
TellmeTruth10 is not online. Last active: 8/9/2007 1:01:59 AM TellmeTruth10

Not Ranked
Joined on 08-09-2007
Posts 2
WILL THE "REAL" FLOETRY FANS PLEASE STAND UP!!!
Reply Quote

This is BULLSHIT – FRAUD – STRAIGHT ROBBERY!!!

Now although Floetry never went platinum every show I’ve ever been to has been straight SOLD OUT! Floetry has a very loyal fan base Hell friendships and relationships were made within the fan base! I attended the show in Atlanta and was less than satisfied- Not because it was a horrible show- it was an Okay show – But it wasn’t a FLOETRY SHOW!! Not even CLOSE!! And I PAID for a FLOETRY SHOW!!!

Amanda Diva is talented in her own right – but she doesn’t even match or compliment Marsha’s energy. There was no chemistry. Just a singer and a MC on stage performing.

I am appalled at how a lot of SO-CALLED FLOETRY FANS are ridding the Songstress’s jock talking about how great the show was – Great it was not! And for it to be a FLOETRY SHOW it was just pitiful.  I am a huge fan of both the Songstress and the Floacist (Huge Fan). Last I heard the Songstress had been signed by Dr. Dre to AFTERMATH and was working on her solo album. I don’t know what happened- so I want really speak on it but I will say this – If that fell through, apologies need to be made – pride swallowed – and friendship mended so that FLOETRY can do what FLOETRY does – save lives through music. Maybe it’s just Music to some of yall – but for most of us FLOETRY was a movement – and it doesn’t exist without the FLOacistpOETRY. I find it hard to believe that the FLOACIST – who was solely doing FLOETRY – would be the one to dismantle FLOETRY as opposed to the SONGSTRESS who was the 1st one to come out and say she4 was going solo – got signed to another record label (while recording and touring as FLOERY) and sang the hook on just about every hot song Dre put out (all while touring as FLOETRY) – But there are only 2 people who truly know what happened.

I think it’s BLASHPEMY to lure LOYAL SUPPORTIVE FLOETRY FANS out to an Amanda Diva & Marsha Ambrosius Hip-Hop show – by using the FLOETRY name!

It seems like Marsha felt that and tried to make up for it by singing the hook on damn near every FLOETRY song during the encore.

I LOVE FLOETRY

If the “REAL FLOETRY” can come back together – make the music and give the shows that got them where they are now (didn’t Dr. Dre approach the Songstress right after watching a FLOETRY show?) then I’ll be in da front row (wit all 10 of da fam) as usual – singing and flowin right along wit yall.

If the SONGSTRESS wants to go solo – GREAT! I’ll support that too. I think her voice is One in a Kajillion! Same thing for the Floacist if she wants to go solo. She speaks to my soul with her poetry and she is one of the most entertaining people I’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting. But don’t Lie to me and act as though the fans don’t matter – and will just listen to anything. Its quite the opposite. FLOETRY fans are now accustom to inspirational poetic music and Love songs. FLOETRY made us all rethink Real music! Solo means SOLO! Call it that! FLOETRY is NATALIE “FLOACIST” STEWART & MARSHA “SONGSTRESS” AMBROSIUS! You cant remix Purity!!!

Nothing against Amanda Diva. I think she is mad talented and can sing. But FLOETRY – It was not!

I’m a real fan – and I’m not buying in to FLOETRY without the FLOacistpOETRY!

I’m so disappointed about how this is going.  I can only hope and pray that FLOETRY isn’t over. For true FLOETRY fans- it was more than just music or just a concert – and with all I’ve said I still can’t explain how intoxicating the chemistry was between the FLOACIST and the SONGSTRESS!

I am truly disheartened.

08-08-2007, 10:30 AM
MsDiva2u is not online. Last active: 2/15/2008 10:17:29 PM MsDiva2u

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 04-06-2006
dunno
Posts 2,456
Re: WILL THE "REAL" FLOETRY FANS PLEASE STAND UP!!!
Reply Quote
wow... i had gotten to a point where i waslaughing at this situation... now this just brought me back to tears...
"gotta go through the fire to come out pure gold"

08-08-2007, 10:56 AM
KAREAF is not online. Last active: 2/13/2008 7:25:01 AM KAREAF

Top 50 Posts
Joined on 02-17-2006
Posts 1,236
Reply Quote
Lawd have mercy this is sooooooooo old N E X T
   08-08-2007, 12:12 PM
MsDiva2u is not online. Last active: 2/15/2008 10:17:29 PM MsDiva2u

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 04-06-2006
dunno
Posts 2,456
Reply Quote

shuddup meanyyyyyyy Thats why ur already in trouble! Not being sensitive to other people...

:~P

Im telling!

"gotta go through the fire to come out pure gold"

08-08-2007, 12:36 PM
asIam is not online. Last active: 12/24/2007 11:49:22 AM asIam

Top 75 Posts
Joined on 02-02-2007
Posts 658
Reply Quote
 MsDiva2u wrote:

shuddup meanyyyyyyy Thats why ur already in trouble! Not being sensitive to other people...

:~P

Im telling!

~whisperin to MsD~ yup she gonna get it this time! ;)

"Safety is NOT the
absence of danger but is the presence of God"
   08-08-2007, 1:20 PM
soulexact is not online. Last active: 2/13/2008 9:33:38 PM soulexact

Top 75 Posts
Joined on 05-06-2007
Posts 446
Reply Quote
y is there 2 of this post?

"I release all these disappointment
From my mental physical spiritual and emotional body
Cause I know that spirit guides me
And love lives inside me
That's why I today I take life as it comes"
-India Arie

08-08-2007, 1:25 PM
asIam is not online. Last active: 12/24/2007 11:49:22 AM asIam

Top 75 Posts
Joined on 02-02-2007
Posts 658
Reply Quote

aye soul at first i thought i was trippin?! lol! i dont know guess someone wanted the point to be made? iowno?

"Safety is NOT the
absence of danger but is the presence of God"
   08-08-2007, 1:40 PM
soulexact is not online. Last active: 2/13/2008 9:33:38 PM soulexact

Top 75 Posts
Joined on 05-06-2007
Posts 446
Reply Quote
 asIam wrote:

aye soul at first i thought i was trippin?! lol! i dont know guess someone wanted the point to be made? iowno?

man i thought i was trippin 2

"I release all these disappointment
From my mental physical spiritual and emotional body
Cause I know that spirit guides me
And love lives inside me
That's why I today I take life as it comes"
-India Arie

08-09-2007, 11:38 AM
PBF_ is not online. Last active: 9/6/2007 8:20:51 PM PBF_

Top 200 Posts
Joined on 07-13-2007
Posts 84
Reply Quote
 TellmeTruth10 wrote:

Now although Floetry never went platinum

You lost me there, sorry couldn't read the rest of your post cause Floetry have gone Platinum, get it RIGHT!!!

ONE

"Because I can"
   08-15-2007, 2:08 PM
U_R_Stupid is not online. Last active: 10/10/2007 10:09:58 PM U_R_Stupid

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 02-18-2006
Neverland
Posts 2,140
Reply Quote
 PBF_ wrote:
 TellmeTruth10 wrote:

You lost me there, sorry couldn't read the rest of your post cause Floetry have gone Platinum, get it RIGHT!!!

ONE

They never went Platinum! Please read more.

08-15-2007, 2:21 PM
KAREAF is not online. Last active: 2/13/2008 7:25:01 AM KAREAF

Top 50 Posts
Joined on 02-17-2006
Posts 1,236
Reply Quote
 PBF_ wrote:
 TellmeTruth10 wrote:

ONE

nah pbf they never went platnum love but some of the artist they or marsha wrote for did they will next time if theres a next time?
   08-20-2007, 1:04 PM
PBF_ is not online. Last active: 9/6/2007 8:20:51 PM PBF_

Top 200 Posts
Joined on 07-13-2007
Posts 84
Reply Quote

U_R_Stupid wrote:
They never went Platinum! Please read more.

Here's an old article from 2003, that's says they went platinum.  but if I'm wrong, I'll accept that

Floetry: British duo fuse soul and the spoken word - in the Spotlight - Marsha Ambrosius and Natalie Stewart - Brief Article

Meet the songstress, vocalist Marsha Ambrosius. Now meet the floacist, poet Natalie Stewart. Together they make up Floetry, a British duo who draws on the Philadelphia, neo-soul sound with their velvety blend of music and poetry.

Floetic, the group's debut album, has the music industry flowing to the duo's sound. Already platinum, the project received three Grammy nominations earlier this year: Best R&B Urban/Alternative Performance, Best R&B Song and Best Contemporary R&B Album.

The title song, the first single, was a defining anthem that gave listeners a taste of Floetry. The current single, Say Yes, is swallowing up its audience with its seductive lyrics about finding that special someone. The song holds a special meaning to the floacist Natalie, who recently got engaged.

Former basketball rivals, Natalie and Marsha are managed by Julius Erving III, son of basketball great Julius "Dr. J" Erring. They are produced by A Touch of Jazz, which is overseen by Jeffrey "DJ Jazzy Jeff" Townes. Townes is noted for producing Jill Scott and the Roots.

The group's success should come as no surprise. They are no strangers when it comes to making hit music. They've written songs for Jill Scott, Bilal and Glenn Lewis.

They have been lauded for penning Butterflies, one of the biggest songs released from Michael Jackson's Invincible. album. Marsha wrote the song as a teenager. She sang it the way she thought Jackson would perform it. After hearing her demo, Jackson ended up singing it exactly the same way that he heard Marsha sing it.

Getting the group name from a fan who called its sound "flowing poetry," the duo first played Black Lily, the multicultural answer to Lilith Fair. Other performances included the Tanqueray Soul Suite and opening for India Arie.

Currently they are touring with rapper Common.

COPYRIGHT 2003 Johnson Publishing Co.
COPYRIGHT 2003 Gale Group

"Because I can"
   08-20-2007, 5:14 PM
ShortyRed is not online. Last active: 2/23/2008 4:02:47 AM ShortyRed

Top 200 Posts
Joined on 01-10-2006
Posts 87
Reply Quote

you kno I figga deal that but ya kno 2 grown azz woman cant be stopped ...and to tell you the truth I would rather not see Floetry if they were eventually gonna lose the spice and love their Conxshun ... maybe....  separation is better... we are all left with the memory ... the experience of Floetry.... I have all the cds twice not burns ...straight outta the Record sto' I support the Vision that WAS the Conexshun That is now the memory that is FLOETRY.... there will neva B anotha NAT AND MARSH ....NEVER....

pouting in the corner... wiping face....

sadness leave a trace of lonliness

no one can replace>>> she and she what they are to you and ME

no one can Remake

FLOETRY

RED

LoveternaL

Like a rainbow around my neck...
is my covenant to forever love you...
yen to my yang...
Intertwined like vines... are we
you to me.....
LOVETERNAL..... love is.... just love ...
http://www.myspace.com/thatgurlizred
Floetry » All Things Floe... » The Floacist » WILL THE "REAL" FLOETRY FANS PLEASE STAND UP!!!

Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy