Welcome to Floetry Sign in | Join | Faq

Original Poems

Started by Onceandagain at 11-10-2006 12:20 PM. Topic has 25 replies.

Print Search
Sort Posts:    
   11-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Onceandagain is online. Last active: 11/20/2006 1:38:33 PM Onceandagain

Top 75 Posts
Joined on 09-22-2006
Where I be...
Posts 458
A Story....
Reply Quote

One day I was walking down the block and I bumped into Love

He was cool but we never really hung out, I would usually chill with his friends Pleasure and Ease

We talked about our mutual friends and he invited me over to his house so we could conversate and possibly have some drinks

I was a bit apprehensive for I heard many stories about Love

I was told he was conniving, deceitful, selfish, inconsiderate, and manipulative

Infatuation told me once they had a thing, but it was nothing serious

She told me that he was compassionate, enduring, affectionate, and attentive, but she was basically feeling Lust

I decided to take a chance and hang out with Love for awhile

We spent hours talking about everything and nothing…

I couldn’t believe that anyone wouldn’t want him in their life

Our relationship was a beautiful surprise

The way he embraced me and reassured he was different from the rest, he said “once you have me in your life things will never be the same”

I trusted him and I decided to give him my heart

We took walks on the beach, as lightning painted the sky, showing everyone nature was truly in charge

The crackling of the thunder, our hearts beat as one

There were other suitors, Caution, Sincerity and Respect that pursued me

But I quickly turned them away, knowing I couldn’t find a better companion than Love

We spent days and nights together exploring one another

My body was his Temple

One day when I awoke I noticed that Love was no where to be found

I needed to hold him, to kiss him…to breathe his breath

I found him sitting on the stoop gazing at the sky

I held his hand and I asked “A penny for your thoughts”

He informed me that we needed some spice in our relationship and he hoped I was open for new experiences

Not wanting to disappoint Love I agreed, I thought our relationship was perfect, but I was willing to do anything for Love to show my devotion

He invited Jealousy and Betrayal over to vibe with us

Jealousy was very flirtatious she practically threw herself at Love…I hated her and I wanted her gone, but she enchanted Love

I would often follow Love and look through his things…just to calm my worries

Betrayal would listen to my concerns, and give me advice on how I should handle the situation

She was truly my friend…and I knew I could confide in her

She assured me that she would speak to Love and voice my reservations

Love came to me and told me that Betrayal informed him that I was no longer satisfied with our relationship, and I wanted out so I could be free to pursue other options

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing, I trusted Betrayal, I thought we were friends

Why would she lie?

I ran from Love’s home while the tears cascaded down my cheek

I ran to my cousin Lesson’s house and asked why she hadn’t warned me that this would happen

She looked in my eyes and said “You had to learn for yourself, I wanted you to see his true colors on your own”.  The pain of her words made my heart stop; I couldn’t stand her words anymore so I left

As I walked in the rain I ran into Caution…he saw my tears and said “I really wanted to be with you, we would have taken things slow until you felt completely comfortable, I would have guarded your heart”.  I knew he spoke the truth but nothing could compare to my relationship with Love.

A part of me wished I could have fell for Caution or even Sincerity…the way he reassured me that his emotions were real and genuine.

Just then Love walked by laughing with Deception and Bitterness on his arm

I knew in order to be with him, I would always have to share
I still wanted him, I wanted us, maybe our hearts would lead us back together, maybe…just maybe

I started to walk away when I thought I heard my name…with all the drama I was sure I was mistaken

But just then I saw Respect running towards me, he said “Hope I was calling you, could we possibly go somewhere and talk”

Family is everything...so I keep mine close.
   11-10-2006, 12:27 PM
Ebonyman is not online. Last active: 11/16/2006 3:12:37 AM Ebonyman

Top 200 Posts
Joined on 10-08-2006
Harlem Stand Up
Posts 43
Re: A Story....
Reply Quote
Let me  be the first to say that you are an extremely talented lady.  I loved this piece keep writing ,,write on Once write on :o)

11-10-2006, 12:29 PM
tru value is online. Last active: 11/18/2006 10:33:19 AM tru value

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 05-15-2006
THE YAH
Posts 2,484
Reply Quote

Wow....hand covering my mouth w/ amazement, what a Breath-taking Masterpiece..truly captivating ...."Sysco & Ebert" two thumbs way UP..lol ..Phenomenal..you defied creativity with this one!

The Creative Bar has been set!

"To Dare is to loose one's footing momentarily. To not Dare is to loose one's Footing! permenantly"

11-10-2006, 12:34 PM

Top 75 Posts
Joined on 09-22-2006
Where I be...
Posts 458
Reply Quote
 tru value wrote:

Wow....hand covering my mouth w/ amazement, what a Breath-taking Masterpiece..truly captivating ...."Sysco & Ebert" two thumbs way UP..lol ..Phenomenal..you defied creativity with this one!

The Creative Bar has been set!

Thank you soooooo much Tru!!!! I have to thank you and everyone else on the site for awakening me.

Thank you so much Ebonyman...can I look forward to your post soon...or do I have to wait...lol.

B.Alexander is online. Last active: 11/17/2006 4:07:50 PM B.Alexander

Top 75 Posts
Joined on 09-16-2006
D.C.
Posts 289
Reply Quote
You have absolutely outdid yourself on this one. Masterful piece. I'd like to hear this one live on stage. The more that you write the more I'm impressed with your writing. WOW!!!
B.Alexander
http://www.myspace.com/beealexander

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 05-15-2006
THE YAH
Posts 2,484
Reply Quote
And let me add this would be an excellent story for children..It's rated G..yet soo POTENT!
"To Dare is to loose one's footing momentarily. To not Dare is to loose one's Footing! permenantly"

11-10-2006, 12:36 PM

Top 75 Posts
Joined on 09-22-2006
Where I be...
Posts 458
Reply Quote

tru value wrote:
And let me add this would be an excellent story for children..It's rated G..yet soo POTENT!

Really you think so...I'm going to read it my daughter tonight ;-)

11-10-2006, 12:36 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 05-15-2006
THE YAH
Posts 2,484
Reply Quote
 B.Alexander wrote:
You have absolutely outdid yourself on this one. Masterful piece. I'd like to hear this one live on stage. The more that you write the more I'm impressed with your writing. WOW!!!
I agree B she should definitely make her way down 2 the hot spot 4 this . and make this1 flesh..I love it

11-10-2006, 12:39 PM

Top 75 Posts
Joined on 09-22-2006
Where I be...
Posts 458
Reply Quote

B.Alexander wrote:

These words mean so much coming from you  B.!!! Thank you for blessing my piece.  Like I told Tru, I'm inspired by all of the talent on this site. 

Thank you

11-10-2006, 12:42 PM

Top 75 Posts
Joined on 09-22-2006
Where I be...
Posts 458
Reply Quote
Let me just also add that Ebonyman deeply inspired this piece through his work, Ebonyman stop frontin please!!! :-)

11-10-2006, 12:45 PM
Ebonyman is not online. Last active: 11/16/2006 3:12:37 AM Ebonyman

Top 200 Posts
Joined on 10-08-2006
Harlem Stand Up
Posts 43
Reply Quote
You putting me on the spot here babygirl...this was all you ....BRAVO!!!!!

11-10-2006, 12:47 PM
B.Alexander is online. Last active: 11/17/2006 4:07:50 PM B.Alexander

Top 75 Posts
Joined on 09-16-2006
D.C.
Posts 289
Reply Quote
Girl, You need to hit the mic. Check out some open mics in your area. This is too good to be locked up. LET IT OUT!!!
B.Alexander
http://www.myspace.com/beealexander
   11-10-2006, 12:52 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 05-15-2006
THE YAH
Posts 2,484
Reply Quote
And you know Tha NYC got plenty open mic spots...blaze um with Ur presence..Rep 4 da Flo' Fam...whoever just....rip dis gurl

11-10-2006, 12:59 PM

Top 75 Posts
Joined on 09-22-2006
Where I be...
Posts 458
Reply Quote
Wow...I'm glad you guys think so...I'm going to look into an open mic spot...if ya'll have faith in me...that's all I need :-)

11-10-2006, 3:18 PM
QueenOfTheJungle is not online. Last active: 11/11/2006 1:45:05 PM QueenOfTheJungle

Top 50 Posts
Joined on 01-05-2006
Posts 1,005
Reply Quote
once, i am  amazed. it was intriguing . . . i think this is more for the author's page than for the stage. then again, if u deliver it as captivating as u wrote it, the audience will be stunned.

I take you everywhere.
  Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 >
Floetry » Poet's Corner » Original Poems » Re: A Story....

Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy