Welcome to Floetry Sign in | Join | Faq

The Songstress

Started by Skye at 07-31-2007 11:21 PM. Topic has 16 replies.

Print Search
Sort Posts:    
   07-31-2007, 11:21 PM
Skye is not online. Last active: 8/1/2007 8:47:33 AM Skye

Top 75 Posts
Joined on 11-18-2005
SE6
Posts 546
Damn, Damn, Damn... Martin Payne's Momma :(
Reply Quote
I really feel like I owe somebody something... an apology wouldn't be enough... I really attempt to correct things, I'm a logical person... I make ammends, I have solutions to everything but clearly, this is something I can't fix... i can't... its broken, but time heals all things for real for real so I'll leave it till then but when will that be??? I don't flippin know... business is business and when you're in a contract and obligated to fulfill certain duties before the end of it, you gotta do whatchu gotta do... I really believe every move I make is the right move, I always wanna do the right thing... but middle men and everybody else surrounding the situation makes it difficult to transcend to the next level... it keeps you stagnant, unable to breath easy coz your breath belongs to other people so you're not living for yourself anymore, you're living for other people... everyone has their own intentions, whether or not they're the same as yours doesn't matter... Amanda Diva... dats my homegirl, bless her... regardless of her being an artist in her own right doesn't even count when it comes to the Floetry movement... Floetry is and always will be Natalie and Marsha and there's no changing that... but that became a box for Natalie and myself... we both had to do what we had to do... there are other avenues we had to take, all going in completely different directions... I still can't take back whats been done and to those who are disappointed, I'm just as if not a whole lot more disappointed than you... this tour, put together by the record company has gone through the motions 5 shows in... I don't wanna put anybody in the line of fire... I don't wanna set anybody up for the fall... and I feel as though that is what I've done... and I'm so sorry, like I've said before, this business isn't cut out for everybody... its vicious out here...
www.myspace.com/marshaambrosius
"Back in da buildin', back on da map..."
   07-31-2007, 11:25 PM
nolaprincess1 is not online. Last active: 1/1/2009 4:46:43 AM nolaprincess1

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 03-12-2006
Posts 3,500
Re: Damn, Damn, Damn... Martin Payne's Momma :(
Reply Quote

Skye wrote:
I really feel like I owe somebody something... an apology wouldn't be enough... I really attempt to correct things, I'm a logical person... I make ammends, I have solutions to everything but clearly, this is something I can't fix... i can't... its broken, but time heals all things for real for real so I'll leave it till then but when will that be??? I don't flippin know... business is business and when you're in a contract and obligated to fulfill certain duties before the end of it, you gotta do whatchu gotta do... I really believe every move I make is the right move, I always wanna do the right thing... but middle men and everybody else surrounding the situation makes it difficult to transcend to the next level... it keeps you stagnant, unable to breath easy coz your breath belongs to other people so you're not living for yourself anymore, you're living for other people... everyone has their own intentions, whether or not they're the same as yours doesn't matter... Amanda Diva... dats my homegirl, bless her... regardless of her being an artist in her own right doesn't even count when it comes to the Floetry movement... Floetry is and always will be Natalie and Marsha and there's no changing that... but that became a box for Natalie and myself... we both had to do what we had to do... there are other avenues we had to take, all going in completely different directions... I still can't take back whats been done and to those who are disappointed, I'm just as if not a whole lot more disappointed than you... this tour, put together by the record company has gone through the motions 5 shows in... I don't wanna put anybody in the line of fire... I don't wanna set anybody up for the fall... and I feel as though that is what I've done... and I'm so sorry, like I've said before, this business isn't cut out for everybody... its vicious out here...

Man I don't know what to say, b/c I don't want to be a ass kisser but my heart still goes out to you.  Love you one huggs, but on a silly tip yo dawg I brought my ticket and will be front and center I just hope you do feelings! lol

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/35/l_376556be3cc04a5aa5a4e26210835954
   08-01-2007, 4:26 AM
MsDiva2u is not online. Last active: 12/18/2008 4:52:09 PM MsDiva2u

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 04-06-2006
dunno
Posts 2,501
Reply Quote

Marsh you know we all Love you and this is mainly about bad business or maybe not even that just bad promo work.  People ARE gonna do wut they do.  And like Fergie said The industry is cold ...Glad my Daddy told me so he let his daughter know!

I Love You endlessly Marsha you know people are just hurt... including the artists and nobody knows wut to do to express it.  I sure as hell didnt know wut to do or say.  Just mad.. like shyt!!!!! and hurt...

We will try to make the best of this situation but you know really al people want is to see Nat and Marsh on the stage together... at the expense of whoever!.   I am narrow minded when it comes to "Floetry".  Ok ok ... yeh change is inevitable... its just never easy for me.. I get way to stuck in my ways...  

.. whooaaaa ok im writing a book...  ::sighs:: Im thinking about supporting the show tonight though... I dont know... I just dont wanna bring any negative energy. I have a few people going including this cute girl I just met and mayynnneee.... she said shes still going (of course) even though she was mad that its not "Floetry".  And if i get a call from her to see if im goin ima be like Sure! :~)

"gotta go through the fire to come out pure gold"
~ love is a losing game...

08-01-2007, 6:10 AM
MsButterfly94 is not online. Last active: 12/7/2008 10:29:08 AM MsButterfly94

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 12-16-2005
Overthere.com
Posts 8,687
Reply Quote
 Skye wrote:
Yo, this really brought me to tears....*sigh* man this REALLY sucks...people are harsh, the industry is harsher, and Marsha don't let it break your spirit...you say you do it for the music then let the music be your motivation...cuz after the storm the rainbow will appear.

08-01-2007, 8:11 AM
DivaDevine is not online. Last active: 12/11/2007 9:01:17 PM DivaDevine

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 05-09-2006
Posts 2,531
Reply Quote
 Skye wrote:
I love the fact that you are taking this soooo personal  because it reassure me of the fact that you indeed are true to your FAM base I hate that people are so quick to jump to conclusions.....but I wish you nothing but the best of success...you must be true to yourself first and foremost and it appears you are doing just that....All Love
Grace & Mercy *Resentment& Forgiveness * Love & Life
   08-01-2007, 2:43 PM
Br0wnie is not online. Last active: 10/17/2008 12:04:08 AM Br0wnie

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 11-25-2005
Posts 3,612
Reply Quote
Awww. This is the first time I felt REAL emotion about all of this. Marsha I love you and Nat. I feel the same way MsDiva does... except for the part about meeting a girl, cause you full welll know about me and my girl... Uh huuuuuh! lol

Sisterly love at it's best.
   08-01-2007, 3:08 PM
MsDiva2u is not online. Last active: 12/18/2008 4:52:09 PM MsDiva2u

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 04-06-2006
dunno
Posts 2,501
Reply Quote

Br0wnie wrote:
Awww. This is the first time I felt REAL emotion about all of this. Marsha I love you and Nat. I feel the same way MsDiva does... except for the part about meeting a girl, cause you full welll know about me and my girl... Uh huuuuuh! lol

thats cause ur unemotional..u thug... :~P j/k

::sighs:: but there comes a point after uve cried a river that u just get up.. dust urself off.. and deal with the shyt... well 4 me anyway... and usually its early in the game... the melt down already came and went... that why Im not so sure about going to this show tonight... Ill probably sit there and just bust out crying all over again... blah....

"gotta go through the fire to come out pure gold"
~ love is a losing game...

08-01-2007, 3:18 PM
Br0wnie is not online. Last active: 10/17/2008 12:04:08 AM Br0wnie

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 11-25-2005
Posts 3,612
Reply Quote
Unemotional?? Me? Girl... you don't know me at all... I'm emotionaaaal... You're emotionaaaal.... I think in the beginning it wasn't that real, because it wasn't here... in my lap. Then the show was here and I didn't go and realization kicked in. I miss Floetry, ya know? I'm proud to be a part of the movement that took place and is still taking place through their music. I've made new friends and even found love via this site, so I can't have any ill feelings about anything past or present.

Sisterly love at it's best.
   08-01-2007, 7:56 PM
Naye is not online. Last active: 10/7/2008 12:23:33 AM Naye

Top 50 Posts
Joined on 11-11-2005
Posts 1,715
Reply Quote
Awww Marsh!!! This post made me so sad!! I hate that your hurting and hope it wasnt brought on by anything said on this board. We all got you and Nats back REGARDLESS!!
Naye
   08-02-2007, 7:56 PM
FloetryGroupie is not online. Last active: 1/22/2008 7:51:34 PM FloetryGroupie

Top 100 Posts
Joined on 11-04-2005
Posts 349
Reply Quote
Glad to see that I am not going through this alone. I hope that our TRUE FAMILY bond shows at the concerts. Cause every since u've been working on the solo album I could feel this coming on. I am hurt that your friendship with Nat is affected more then anything. I appreciate your honesty and I will support u Marsha cause I love ur gift. But it still hurts
;) Tresha

My girls getting big Ya'll

08-05-2007, 12:16 PM
soulexact is not online. Last active: 12/19/2008 4:33:34 AM soulexact

Top 75 Posts
Joined on 05-06-2007
Posts 665
Reply Quote
man I'll always be atatched 2 floetry regardless of what happens. And what bothers me about the industry is all the crap. but this is what i wanna do. this is who i am. and im gonna do whatever, with respect for myself,  to get there. ive come so far but yet done so little

U KNOW!!!
   08-20-2007, 4:57 PM
ShortyRed is not online. Last active: 5/3/2008 9:44:50 PM ShortyRed

Top 200 Posts
Joined on 01-10-2006
Posts 94
Reply Quote

Steppin in like I alwayz do... to see the FAM I know no matter what ... there was so much established from FLOETRY like connections that never would B so what... we all grow ...change comes .... for all unless you choose that THIS,Today is the best that This world/life has to offer ... So in the true spirit MArshA is a go getter ... Thats what I love... this my unrelated unseen Family is true connectivity... the ability to be happy for Marsha AND Nat even though they are separating.... Family changes position ALL the time that does not make us LOVE less but ...MORE..... The true test of LOVE is separation... Marsha you are Eloquence  and Beauty By meer definition... as are all of you ....I cant wait to see and HEAR whats to come... Marsha please do not let the stresses of this fight.. to find the beauty of YOUR sound over come your LaidBAckness (wasthataword)lol ...Stay the same cause @ the end we are left with others smiles and love to pass to other generations .... Life is A loveletter... What is you life writing?

AS ALwayZZZ

I remain not a FAN but a FAM

So its ALL LOVETERNAL To the LADIES and gentlemen   hahaha

OF FLOFAM

RED

Like a rainbow around my neck...
is my covenant to forever love you...
yen to my yang...
Intertwined like vines... are we
you to me.....
LOVETERNAL..... love is.... just love ...
http://www.myspace.com/thatgurlizred
   09-11-2007, 9:40 PM
SimiAuto is not online. Last active: 10/28/2007 2:00:13 AM SimiAuto

Top 500 Posts
Joined on 09-11-2007
Posts 15
Reply Quote
"I can't even believe we're here after all we've been through..."

09-12-2007, 8:57 PM
QueenOfTheJungle is not online. Last active: 5/4/2008 4:36:24 AM QueenOfTheJungle

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 01-05-2006
my QUEENdom
Posts 2,438
Reply Quote
 FloetryGroupie wrote:
Glad to see that I am not going through this alone. I hope that our TRUE FAMILY bond shows at the concerts. Cause every since u've been working on the solo album I could feel this coming on. I am hurt that your friendship with Nat is affected more then anything. I appreciate your honesty and I will support u Marsha cause I love ur gift. But it still hurts
i think out of all of this, that was my main concern.... where did the friendshp go and how did it come to this? me and feelings always watch the floetry live dvd and are saddened by the last quote by nat '14 yrs orf friendship yo, and nuthin but luv'.... cz where did it go. i lways valued that you could feel your connection and that made for bettermusic and better....everything.... i'm flo fam 4ever.... some of my greatest inspiration... 1 luv....

10-21-2007, 1:29 PM
LaLa_31089 is not online. Last active: 7/24/2007 6:26:54 AM LaLa_31089

Top 75 Posts
Joined on 11-12-2005
Posts 568
Reply Quote
Skye all you can do is be you and live your life and you can't live it for anybody else.
I have followed floetry from first album to last. Threw music written,produced,featured, and background vocals. One LUV
  Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 >
Floetry » All Things Floe... » The Songstress » Re: Damn, Damn, Damn... Martin Payne's Momma :(

Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy